We love cities.
And we want to help make cities live up to their potential. We are a small team of tenacious, entrepreneurial, civic-minded individuals that believe in the power of human-centered design.
Open Position: Startup in Residence Program Manager
Start date: August 2018
The Program Manager will be one of two leads for Startup in Residence (STIR). STIR connects startups with government agencies to develop technology products that solve real civic challenges. During the 16-week program, startups work with government partners to understand a government-identified problem. Through a streamlined procurement process, startups develop solutions for government agencies with a expedited pathway to implementation.
Key Objective: Ensure the success of the current cohort; set us up for success for the next cohort.
- Be the primary point person for cities and startups participating in the program to ensure they are effectively working together
- Help drive engagement and applications from the academic sectors
- Drive community and connection for the current startups participating in the program
- Improve process of the program to help the program scale
- Track, manage, and help drive KPIs of current and past cohorts
- Ability to serve as a mediator between two parties
- Excellent written communication skills
- Ability to work in an entrepreneurial environment – self driven, dynamic, and minimal structure
- Excellent attention to detail
- Social media background is a plus
- Account management background is a plus
- Connection to a local university is a plus
Open Position: Social Media and Brand Intern
Start date: June 2018
City Innovate is looking for a social media and design intern to help make our brand and online presence shine. We expanding and need our brand to reflect our current offering and tell the stories of the excellent work we do.
- Lead the social media strategy and execution for City Innovate, including:
- Setup processes around social media account management
- Social media community management
- Help coordinate imagery for content strategy
- Help City Innovate’s brand live up to its full potential
- Ensure consistency across the City Innovate brand
- Guide change to the website
- Interest and experience with social media
- Graphic design
- Comfortable working in a start-up environment
- Not afraid to ask questionss
Apply by writing to Rupal Ismin at Rupal@cityinnovate.org